Determining where the smoke you see is coming from may be difficult. These pages can help.
- Inciweb: Interagency fire tracking site with information on wildfires (some states report prescribed fires here too).
- Northern Rockies Coordination Center (North of Salmon River): Wildfires reporting for North Idaho and Montana.
- Eastern Great Basin Coordination Center (South of Salmon River): Wildfires reporting for South Idaho and Utah.
- Idaho Fire Info blog: Interagency blog reporting wildfire and fire information for Idaho.
Information about fires in neighboring states that might be impacting Idaho’s air quality:
- Northwest Interagency Coordination Center: Wildfire reporting for Oregon and Washington.
- Map of Current Large Fires in Washington and Oregon (wildfires only)
Information about prescribed fires in Idaho
Other sources of information about wildfires:
- Active Fire Mapping Program
- Hazards Mapping System Fire and Smoke Product
- MODIS Today: Satellite imagery of fires/plumes (when visible):
- Fires in the west from the Western Regional Air Partnership - Fire Emissions Tracking System tool: